November 11, 2019
November meeting 2019
The PSC gathered to discuss the following agenda:
- 3D & Oskari
- Layer list enhancement
- WFS backend tests
Opening the meeting at 13:04
Via conference call:
- Sami Mäkinen
- Oskari Rintamäki
- Timo Sallinen
- Sanna Jokela (secretary)
- Tomi Lukkarinen
- Jussi Arpalahti
- Marko Kauppi
- Hafliði Sigtryggur Magnússon
- Marko Kuosmanen
Last meeting topics and follow-up
- Oskari Rintamäki a new PSC member
- FOSS4G 2019 news and news from the members
- 1.53 coming up (now released), 1.54 coming soon:
- new layer list coming, release maybe next week, check the new layer list functionality from: https://demo-kartta.paikkatietoikkuna.fi/. It started from Admin side improvements, but it was decided to go ahead first with combining the layer list and selected layers. If somebody wants to add hierarchy to the layers, they could develop this further. Also if old hierarchical layer functionality needs the admin side functions, they could attach the new admin tools to the existing layer listing.
Mobile tracking improvement coming up, now new possibilities for showing location of users in published maps
- Deprecated transport code still available, but not tested
- New WFS backend, strong recommendation to use the new one
3D needs was discussed and no acute needs for 3D showed up by the members of PSC. 3D needs should be further discussed with Oskari users.
Cesium provides the 3D possiblities in Oskari and thus it can do things supported in Cesium.
Own 3D datasets could be a possibility to add to the tool.
3D module is coming to the next release.
WFS backend tests
- Some bug reports from customers about My data, but this has to be checked
- Interface with arc/surface, data with multigeometry had some issues
- Testing still needed
- GIS Expo in Finland 18.-19.11.2019, see you at the Oskari stand
- UI development scheme coming up
- Mobile version for Paikkatietoikkuna under development, own geoportal view for mobile use
New roadmap issues
Next meeting: 10.12.2019, scheduled now every month, every second week tuesday at 13:00 (GMT+3)
End of meeting: 13:45