April 09, 2019
June meeting 2019
The PSC gathered to discuss the following agenda:
- Last meetings topics
- News from the members
- New roadmap items or OIPS
Opening the meeting at 13:03
Via conference call:
- Sami Mäkinen
- Marko Kuosmanen
- Tuuli Pihlajamaa
- Sanna Jokela (secretary)
- Tomi Lukkarinen
- Jussi Arpalahti
- Marko Kauppi
- Hafliði Sigtryggur Magnússon
Last meeting topics and follow-up
WFS 3.0 support was released in 1.52 with the new WFS backend that will replace “transport” webapp and is available for testing
- Suomi.fi-maps has done some tests (Timo)
- Next step: print support for the new WFS backend
- Task force gathered to setup project plan for this, they shall continue in August (Sanna)
Translations in Icelandic language
- Sami has received Icelandic translations for server-side localizations and added them to Oskari server
- Server-side localizations were migrated to using UTF8 encoding
- Hafliði has promised to provide frontend localizations via a pull request on GitHub
1.52 version was released recently and 1.53 comming in August-September
News from the members
- Content-editor changes in the works:
Server-side code is being refactored to use XMLStreamWriter instead of StringBuilder to get rid of some TODOs in the codebase.
Frontend is being modified to allow multiple features to be edited at once (the properties of features, not geometry).
PR is coming and Sami reminded that small PRs are easier to check and approve than a big code dump with multiple changes.
- Oliver is also making some tilematrix handling fixes for print functionality (WMTS issues, new guy at Sitowise)
- New WFS support tested in Suomi.fi-maps
- Taken to production after summer
- Oskari workshop in FOSS4G Bukarest https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PmIxRFXxixCb5Szb-hGFG-hcojgk4Nm7sUICZOlmnv4/edit#gid=1318666739
- Oskari joins OSGeo Park in GIS-EXPO 2019 (Paikkatietomarkkinat)
- Oskari installation workshop 28.11. with Ubigu & Gispo https://www.oppia.fi/courses/oskari-asennustyopaja-oskari-haltuun/fc0c8e5fc77b700d6b13c5502809982a
- RPC consulting has been procured and testing period coming up in the fall
- Example webapp has been removed from oskari-server and moved to a “template” repository “sample-server-extension “
- This guides users on the right track from the start instead of having another example app inside the Oskari codebase.
- GitHub template functionality was enabled for https://github.com/oskariorg/sample-server-extension and https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server-extension-template
- The old template repository (“oskari-server-extension-template”) will be removed with the release of 1.53.0 leaving only one option for server apps to avoid confusion.
- Map layer rights development is being continued
- 3D map engine coming to Oskari from Paikkatietoikkuna during summer-fall
- OSGeo Foundation issues: projects that have been under incubation status have been taken into proper check by OSGeo. OSGeo checklist has been revised and needs to be completed again for Oskari (once we get some more details about it).
New roadmap issues
- https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-docs/issues/109 ⇒ approved
- https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-docs/issues/112 ⇒ approved
- New PSC member proposals will be made and voted on in the mailing list
- We still need to work on people moving from private emails and messages to using the mailing list and GitHub: Messaging privately is negative for the community and frustrates both the sender and the recipient.
Next meeting: 13.8.2019, scheduled now every month, every second week tuesday at 13:00 (GMT+3)
End of meeting: 13:43