April 09, 2019
April meeting 2019
The PSC gathered to discuss the following agenda:
- Last meetings topics
- News from the members
- Demo-datasets for demo.oskari.org
- FOSS4G 2019
Opening the meeting at 13:04
Via conference call:
- Sami Mäkinen
- Marko Kuosmanen
- Jussi Arpalahti´
- Hafliði Sigtryggur Magnússon
- Timo Sallinen
- Tuuli Pihlajamaa
- Sanna Jokela (secretary)
- Tomi Lukkarinen
- Marko Kauppi
Last meeting topics and follow-up
Oskari Community Day in Helsinki 25.4. Remember to sign in: https://www.meetup.com/Oskari-Your-geospatial-friend/events/259264054/.
News: Oskari Dockerization, Map layer admin with React, documentation improved, new download service for Oskari in Tampere
Configuring Oskari setup workshop on 24.4 (in Finnish) https://www.gispo.fi/koulutukset/oskari-haltuun-huhtikuussa/.
News from the members
- WFS 3.0 support needed for Suomi.fi-maps, test datasets available from NLS-FI
- Red-hat package are available in Timos GitHub https://github.com/tsallinen/oskari-server-extension-template/tree/rpm-packaging/packages
- Breakthrough with Docker image creations, managed to run all ansible-tasks in sample-configs with some changes. No pull request for changes yet, still needs some testing. It went relatively painlessly. Docker image available in: https://github.com/jussiarpalahti/oskariexp & https://hub.docker.com/r/jussiarpalahti/oskari.
- Helsinki’s Oskari project has not gone forward.
- Jussi interested in the Oskari setup workshop, but can’t participate.
- Upgrading Oskari (2016 old version) was a bit of a struggle - so many things have changed (and notes from Slack have gone missing!).
- Now only some problems with metadata, Islandic localizations have to be corrected.
- Discussion about the configuration of layers, do we need to add all layers by hand? Sami: Maybe it could be done automatically
- Map projections are a bit confusing in embedded maps (have to look where the problem is). Documentation was not very good on this.
- Anyhow, things have gone further with Oskari in the past two years!
- Progress on the new WFS-client with 3.0 support and MVT/GeoJSON output. Still working on stuff like styling for frontend and printing.
- New layer admin with React progressed nicely but is currently on hold due to the WFS-client being prioritized.
- Metadata search was broken by the Log4J v2 upgrade and a 1.51.1 hotfix is in the works to fix it.
New roadmap issues
Demo.oskari.org - good quality interface examples? If you want to get featured in the demosite, please inform Sanna or Sami on the ingerfaces. E.g. Thematic maps can not be demonstrated now because there is no data
- UN statistics API (worldwide data) & Countries Natural Earth for region set could be used with it
FOSS4G 2019 Bukarest, deadline for workshop / presentations in 14th of April (NLS-FI, Gispo people going)
Next meeting: 14.5.2019, scheduled now every month, every second week tuesday at 13:00 (GMT+3)
End of meeting: 13:47