December 20, 2016
Oskari Architecture Group Meeting Memo
While not an actual PSC meeting this meeting introduced the OSGeo process and the first PSC was elected in the meeting.
Opening the meeting
Introduction of participants:
- Jani Kylmäaho, National Land Survey of Finland
- Sanna Jokela, Gispo Ltd
- Jan Lindbom, Dimenteq Ltd
- Marko Kauppi, City of Tampere
- Pekka Sarkola, Gispo Ltd
- Sami Mäkinen, National Land Survey of Finland
- Sampo Savolainen, Spatineo Ltd
- Jaakko Leikko,Siili Ltd
- Tuuli Pihlajamaa, Statistical Institute of Finland
- Jussi Arpalahti, City of Helsinki
- Jaakko Ruutiainen, Sito Ltd
- Timo Sallinen, NLS FI
- Hafliði Sigtryggur Magnússon, National Land Survey of Island
- Ásta Kristin Óladóttir, National Land Survey of Iceland
- Marko Kuosmanen, Dimenteq Ltd
- Heikki Ylitalo, Dimenteq Ltd
- Hanno Kuus, National Land Survey of Estonia
- Igor Paharikov, Moldovian Geospatial Agency
- Tomi Lukkarinen, Helsinki Region Environmental Services
The agenda was approved
Introduction to Oskari OSGeo progress
- Jani Kylmäaho presented the background for arranging the meeting and stated that it is
time to give Oskari.org software to the community to foster. Nevertheless, National
Land Survey of Finland will continue to be actively participating in the development and
collaboration activities also in the future.
- Sanna Jokela presented the themes behind the Oskari development and OSGeo
processes. To become part of OSGeo brings open source geospatial projects stability
and international visibility. Certain requirements have to be fulfilled, one being the
establishment of Project Steering Committee (PSC) for Oskari.
- Sanna Jokela introduced the drafts for Community Roles, PSC tasks & rules and Oskari
Roadmap. These documents were discussed.
- Link to Github wiki
- Coordinator should be added to the list and describe how community events
and activation methods are to be conducted
- Link to Github wiki
- Just to clarify:
- The membership of the PSC is stable, unless the member wants to
step down or is voted to step down (e.g. due to inactivity)
- Members are individuals, not organisational representatives
- Members can be added afterwards or invited to the group by the PSC
- Communication methods should be open - everybody should see the
suggested features and votes given to these. Email is not the only discussion
forum for the issues and private email list should not be created for the PSC.
This will be added to the rules.
- Voting should be possible with any digital method proven suitable for the group
(e.g email, slack, github). This will be added to the rules.
Establishing Oskari PSC
- Following nominees were made for the Oskari Project Steering Committee and all
nominated were elected as members of the PSC:
- Jussi Arpalahti
- Marko Kauppi
- Jaakko Ruutiainen
- Tuuli Pihlajamaa
- Hafliði Sigtryggur Magnússon
- Sami Mäkinen
- Timo Sallinen
- Tomi Lukkarinen
- Heikki Ylitalo
- Election of the chair: Sami Mäkinen was suggested to be the chair and was elected for the chair. Decision was unanimous.
- Establishing the rules: The rules were established with minor corrections. They can be further revised by the PSC if needed.
First Oskari PSC meeting: The Chair will suggest the PSCs first meeting on January 2017. Refining the Roadmap is the first priority of the PSC.
OSGeo Incubation process next steps
- CLA’s are needed from all contributors, the request for these will be sent out soon
- Oskari will apply for the OSGeo Incubation process before the end of December 2016
- PSC and Coordination of the Oskari Network will collaborate on the incubation process after instructions from the OSGeo
- Jani Kylmäaho will assist the work of PSC if needed
- PSCs job is seen crucial for the success of Oskari
Meeting was closed 14:47 UTC +2.